Valentine's Day is the perfect time to spend a little extra time on yourself—so how about supercharging your daily ritual with skin loving and heart nourishing seasonal skin and body care products?
When I have time to truly indulge in a self-care ritual, I love to go all out. Music... all the Lagom Body Co. products... aromatherapy... and other nourishing and vibrant elixirs.
To inspire your Valentine's Day Self-Care Ritual, here's a step-by-step guide. Mix and match and do whatever feels best for you!
- First up, set the stage with Spotify's SPA playlist.
- Light some candles.
- Draw a warm bath. Add epsom salt and a pump or two of Sunspell Body Nectar.
- While your bath fills, massage Seatide Daily Cleanser into your skin but don't rinse it off—yet! By keeping this nourishing balm on your skin for 30 minutes, it works like a super moisturizing mask.
- Sit back and relax for as long as you'd like.
- Towards the end of your bath, massage Seatide Daily Cleanser with a little bit of water and gently rinse.
- Once you're out of the bath—while skin still wet—apply 2-3 pumps of Sunspell Body Nectar from head to toe.
- Follow with a generous mist of Mountain Flora Mist to cool down. Finish with a mix of Meadow Rose Restore Cream and Wild Earth Facial Oil.
- Finish with a grateful intention to your skin, spirit and body—and with a loving thought towards yourself and the world around you. Then make yourself a wild rose cacao elixir (and share with your honey!)
Wild Rose Cacao Elixir Recipe
You know me: adding herbs and plants to everything is my jam... and one of my absolute favorite things to make are elixirs. Elixirs, to me, are simple, delicious concoctions that incorporate plants to some degree, whether through the plant itself or through an extract, then combined with coffee, fizzy water, or just plain water!
Since Valentine's Day is often a time of overindulgence of sweets, I like to participate in my own way but with something I think is even better: a rose cacao elixir.
This is an elevated twist on your typical hot chocolate.
By using raw cacao, wild rose petals and luscious honey, you're not only creating something special for yourself but bringing in a little heart opening wild rose magic into your world.
Makes two cups! Or 1 generous one :)
- 14-16 oz plant-based milk. My favorite is macadamia or coconut for the richness.
- 1/4 cup cacao powder. I use Terra Soul's.
- 3 tablespoons of dried wild rose petals. Anima Mundi is high quality.
- Honey or other sweetener to taste
- Pinch of salt
Add your milk, cacao, and rose petals to a pot over medium heat until it is hot but not boiling. Allow cacao and rose mixture to simmer on low for about ten minutes to really infuse the rose flavor into the cacao. Turn off the heat and strain through a mesh strainer. Serves two! Garnish with rose petals on top.
Hot tip: Pop in the blender with some coconut oil or coconut butter to get it super frothy.
Happy Love Day!