The leaves are changing, the light is waning, and chunky sweaters and chai lattés are now the go-tos. As we shift into fall and late fall, we start to desire more cozy, intimate settings and nourishing practices for mind, body and spirit to align ourselves with the season. Here are some of my favorite fall products, books, apps and home goods for a nourishing, intuitive, and healthy fall season.
- My seasonal Chai Tea Body Mist is everywhere I go. It's in my work bag (even if I'm just commuting to my home office), it's in the bathroom, and it's on my desk. A couple mists around my head and chest before work always peps me up.
- Who wants dry skin in the fall? I make the LBC Restore Balm a part of my fall ritual to protect and nourish my skin morning and night. Plus, it smells delightful.
- Ginger tea is a fall staple in my life—and is perfect for warming you up from the inside out. Here's my popular zesty ginger lemon tea for seasonal immunity!
- I'm drinking a lot more chai now that it's fall—the warming spices help with increasing circulation, keeping you hydrated and encouraging healthy, happy digestion. Make your own ginger chai concentrate and make healthy lattés at home with my go-to recipe
- It's not fall if you aren't taking elderberry syrup. I prefer to make my own (recipe here) but when I buy it, I get the Town Farm Tonics Elderberry Syrup which includes elderberries, local clover honey, apple cider vinegar, ginger, rose hips, cinnamon, nettles (my favorite!), and elderflower.
- Feed Your Nerves Tea by Radia Herbs has been on rotation here in our household. You can never have enough for the constant Zoom meetings, classes and creation happening here! I like to make a large french press full of it and drink it throughout the day. So soothing, nourishing, and brightening.
- Continuing with the herbal medicine, Farmacopia's Uplift Elixir is the perfect remedy to uplift you mood, motivation and clarity. Three amazing things!
- If you'd rather have a quick chai option, Laird Superfood recently released Chai Instafuel which is made with your typical chai spices, coconut milk powder, and coconut sugar. Simply blend it up with water and you have a chai latté at home—and at a fraction of the cost (and sugar!) than your typical coffee shop. Get $5 off using my link.
- Speaking of Laird's, they also have a Pumpkin Spice Creamer which is delicious and made with very clean ingredients. If you want the pumpkin flavor without all the additives, try Laird's. Get $5 off using my link.
- I just came across Hyggelight while I was looking for lower waste candles. We are a huge candle household (it's on my list of things to learn how to make!) but I love this concept: the candle containers are made from plant pots so once you're done with the candle, simply wash it out and use it as a planter. I love this the Oliver Candle and they have a chai scent. Mmm...
- Give me a fall mani in Sundays Baked Clay Red nail polish. I'm not a huge nail polish person but there's something about the fall and winter that makes me want to warm up everything about my style. Sundays nail polish is a relatively clean nail polish and is made without TPHP, dibutyl phthalate, toluene, xylene, ethyl tosylamide, camphor, formaldehyde, formaldehyde resin, parabens, and tert-butyl hydroperoxide.
- I love cozying up with a good book in the fall and I'm reading Braiding Sweetgrass for the first time ever. It's a beautifully written book on ecological consciousness stemming from the Indigenous belief that plants are teachers and how we must learn to live in a reciprocal relationship with them.
- Most of us are deficient in vitamin D—and that's even more likely in the fall and winter. That's why I love the D Minder app. It helps you identify when you can get natural vitamin D based on your location and when to supplement. Hint: fall and winter are typically the time when supplementing is essential to keep blood vitamin D levels up!
- Autumn afternoons are made for napping. Snuggle up with this 100% cotton and sustainable throw from West Elm (Copper Rust is on my wishlist!) or this beautiful Mojave Cotton Throw from Pendleton. Swoon!
Have a beautiful, cozy fall and be sure to sign up for the Lagom Collective where you'll receive the season-by-season skincare guide as well as seasonal lifestyle guide like this every season!